Samuel Laycock School is one of 6 specialist settings in Tameside that work together to continually improve provision for students with Special Needs in Tameside. This group is known as the SSSP which stands for the Specialist Support Schools Partnership. The others are:
- Oakdale School - supporting children of primary age with severe and complex needs.
- Hawthorns School - supporting children of primary age with complex needs. Most of our pupils have transferred from Hawthorns.
- Cromwell High School - our partner secondary school meeting the needs of students with more severe learning difficulties, including those with Autism.
- Thomas Ashton School - supporting students with Social, Emotional and Mental Health Needs from KS1-KS3.
- Tameside Pupil Referral Service - supporting students with Social, Emotional and Mental Health Needs at KS4 and students permanently excluded from Mainstream Schools.
Along with the Everyone Learning@School Alliance based at Hawthorns School, we are working together to provide support and challenge to drive improvement across all settings and work within the wider educational community in Tameside to address the needs of all students with Special Educational Needs. We work on joint Leadership and Management Training, Specialist Approaches to meeting students' needs and sharing ideas about the business management of our schools, including developing Governor links. We also support the development of subject provision especially in the areas of Arts and English/Literacy.